Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Documentation on cli -testName option?

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Trying to use -testName match:
(SOAtest V6.1) I'd like to find out what types of patterns I can use with the -testName match: CLI option. I know that I can do a -testName match: foo
and that this will run all tests with foo in their titles. What are the details of valid patterns? I can't seem to run foo*bar for example. We like to use this as a major feature of our nightly build but there doesn't seem to be any documentation on it.

Any have documentation and/or examples?
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Hi Chuck,

The -testName command line option will find tests which contain the specific string, but it does not perform actual pattern matching (such as wildcards or Regular Expressions). Note that you can surround the value with quotes in order to allow spaces in the name. For example, -testName match: "hello world" will search for a test with the exact string "hello world" in its name.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

I am adding the testName CLI parameter information from our 9.9.x SOAtest Help Documentation:

-testName [match:]

Specifies test name patterns; test suite names are valid

Allows you to specify the name of the test in the test suite to run. For example, if you want to run a test suite named WSDL Tests, you might use

soatestcli.exe -data "C:\workspace" -resource "MyService" -config "user://"Example Configuration" -testName "WSDL Tests"

SOAtest will find tests that contain the specific string specified, but it does not perform actual pattern matching (such as wildcards or Regular Expressions).

For example, -testName match: something will run all tests whose names contain the word something.

To run multiple tests use -testName name1 -testName name2 where name1 and name2 correspond to the names of the desired tests.

Note that you can surround the value with quotes in order to allow spaces in the name. For example, -testName match: "hello world" will search for a test with the exact string hello world in its name.

To limit row usage for tests matching the specified name, you can use dataSourceRow: and dataSourceName: parameters immediately following [match:] .

dataSourceRow: can take a list of row numbers or row ranges. For example:

3-9

2-5,7,20-30

The dataSourceName: argument is optional. if used, it must come after dataSourceRow: