Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using Jenkins to execute Command line interface from another machine

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
I know it's a long shot, having seen the results in Google, but does anyone have a simple solution for this?
We have a Jenkins install and a Parasoft SOAtest (with CLI) install, on seperate machines.
How can we let Jenkins execute the command line commands on the other machine?
All Parasoft manuals are assuming the SOAtest installation is on Jenkin's localhost...

As an alternative we'll investigate the possibility to execute night batch test runs by SOAP requests instead of direct command line.
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options

I know it's a long shot, having seen the results in Google, but does anyone have a simple solution for this?
    We have a Jenkins install and a Parasoft SOAtest (with CLI) install, on seperate machines.
    How can we let Jenkins execute the command line commands on the other machine?
    All Parasoft manuals are assuming the SOAtest installation is on Jenkin's localhost...

As an alternative we'll investigate the possibility to execute night batch test runs by SOAP requests instead of direct command line.

Hey Leo,

You can do this using Jenkins slave machines. See this guide for info on how to set up the slave machines. Once you have the slave machine set up, you'll want to select "Restrict where this project can be run" and enter the name of your slave machine in the "Label Expression" Field.

Best regards,
    Sam Broadaway
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    Thank you Sam for your reply.
    I will take this info to our Development Team for future references.
    We might try this in the near future.
    For now we are experimenting with starting TST files from the Jenkins machine by SOAP, using SOAtest as a web service.