Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

MQ feed

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Configuring MQs
Hi
I have two MQ managers parameterised. I also have the put queue and the get queue. What i need to do is I want the put queue to be configured to the first MQ manager and the get queue to be configured to the second MQ manager.
Is there any way to achive these using SOATest tool.
Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance
Aadith.

Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    edited December 2016
    Hi Aadith,

This setup can be achieved by using two tools: (1) the SOAP or Messaging Client(depending on whether you are communicating a SOAP message) which will put the message on the queue and (2) the Call Back Tool which will get the message from the queue. The setup of the two tools would look as follows:

Test Suite
    Test 1: SOAP Client
    Test 2: Call Back Tool

The SOAP/Messaging Client normally performs a get() and put() on the MQ but in this scenario, we only want the put() method. To do so, we can turn off the Message Exchange Pattern, which tells the SOAP/Messaging Client not to perform the get() method. I am attaching pic1.png of how you can turn this option off.

For the Call Back Tool, we would specify the Connection settings against the manager holding the Get Queue. Since we aren't expecting to perform a put() method, we can leave the 'Put Queue' field blank.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Best Regards,
    -Dwight
  • LegacyForum
    Thanks a lot...the steps worked fine..

Tagged