Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Global Data Sources

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi, I have a test cases structure where all my test cases share at least the 90% of the data sources, like Credentials, dates, and other data.

Example
- Test Suite
-- Scenario A
{set of Data sources}
--- Test Case 1
--- Test Case 2
--- Test Case 3
-- Scenario B
{set of Data sources}
--- Test Case 1
--- Test Case 2
--- Test Case 3

I didn't find a way to create Shared Data Sources, so I have to create all these data sources for each Scenario.
I would like to have most of them (the shared ones) at Test Suite Level, but when I do that, they are not visible for the Aggregate Data Source that I have to have in each Scenario to link data sources from Scenario & Test Suit.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Hi eugenia,

Is there a reason why you can't create the aggregate data source in the root test suite along with all of your other data sources? this should solve the issue of the aggregate data sources not being able to see the other data sources. For you reference there is a PR for this behavior, so the aggregate data source will be able to see the data sources in the root test suites, and this functionality may be available in future versions of SOAtest. However the easiest solution seems to me to put all of your data sources in the root test suite as opposed to just some of your data sources, that way all child test suites/scenarios have this information available to them. Let me know if this solves your issue and if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jon
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    Jon

That is a possible solution, that not only resolves the problem but also decreases the size of my project.

Now I'll have to create multiple Aggregate data sources to recreate the set of information I need for each test case. Hopefully I can reuse them.

Thanks for your help!

Hi eugenia,

Is there a reason why you can't create the aggregate data source in the root test suite along with all of your other data sources? this should solve the issue of the aggregate data sources not being able to see the other data sources. For you reference there is a PR for this behavior, so the aggregate data source will be able to see the data sources in the root test suites, and this functionality may be available in future versions of SOAtest. However the easiest solution seems to me to put all of your data sources in the root test suite as opposed to just some of your data sources, that way all child test suites/scenarios have this information available to them. Let me know if this solves your issue and if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jon

Tagged