Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

BTS Importing from Test Director

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in DTP
Hi

We have 9509 from the life of our project since 2005. Of this number there are approximately 800 not closed. Basedon the logs, the process read all bugs from Test Director however only translated a handful, around 30+.

Is there an internal filter (built into the BTS process) which selects specific bugs to import?
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum

Hi

We have 9509 from the life of our project since 2005. Of this number there are approximately 800 not closed. Basedon the logs, the process read all bugs from Test Director however only translated a handful, around 30+.

Is there an internal filter (built into the BTS process) which selects specific bugs to import?

Hello,

>> Is there an internal filter (built into the BTS process) which selects specific bugs to import?

No there is no internal filter for bug attributes.

Could you please take following steps:

1. Log in to Concerto as Administrator
    2. Go to Report Center
    3. Select [Main] -> [Administration] from menu
    4. On Administration page select [Tools] -> [Defect/Enhancement Calculation] from menu
    5. On Defect/Enhancement Calculation please see 'Full rescan of Defects/Enhancements from Bug Tracking Systems' and press [Execute] button

This action will perform full scan of QC entities. It may tak a while.

Additionaly could you pelase let me know if you run BTS Scanner using this configuration file on different project (I assume that you defined single QC project to be scanned in xml configuration file).

Kindly let me know the status.

Than you very much,
    Pawel
  • LegacyForum

Hi

Hello,

>> Is there an internal filter (built into the BTS process) which selects specific bugs to import?

2. Go to Report Center
    4. On Administration page select [Tools] -> [Defect/Enhancement Calculation] from menu
    5. On Defect/Enhancement Calculation please see 'Full rescan of Defects/Enhancements from Bug Tracking Systems' and press [Execute] button

Additionaly could you pelase let me know if you run BTS Scanner using this configuration file on different project (I assume that you defined single QC project to be scanned in xml configuration file).

Than you very much,
    Pawel

I performed the full scan using the web page and it imported all the defects. So the batch setup on the server is only incremental?
  • LegacyForum

Hi

Hello,

2. Go to Report Center

Than you very much,
    Pawel

I performed the full scan using the web page and it imported all the defects. So the batch setup on the server is only incremental?
    Hello,

>> So the batch setup on the server is only incremental?

Yes it is, and that is the reason I asked you following question:

>>Additionaly could you pelase let me know if you run BTS Scanner using this configuration file on different project (I assume that you defined single QC project to be scanned in xml configuration file).

Most probably you run the BTS Scanner on another QC project, all items have been scanned from this project and max(bug.creation-time) and max(bug.modification-time) was stored in Concerto database for this configuration - so that next scan knew where to start.
    Then you switched QC project to new one, BTS scanner read max(bug.creation-time) and max(bug.modification-time) from previous run and scanned all items since then.

Now when you run full scan on correct project then everything should work fine for now on.

I hope that makes sense for you.

Let me know if you had any problems or questions, also you can contact us at support-eu@parasoft.com

Thank you very much,

Pawel