Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

BTS

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in DTP
Importing defeats
Hi

Are there more Test Director columns that can be specified for the defect element other than what was documented in the concerto admin guide? There are many other columns available howevr it appears that BTS settings file has specific element names and wondering if there are more. Is there a schema for this xml file I can reference and where would that be located?

<defects>
<fields-mapping>
<summary>BG_SUMMARY</summary>
<status>BG_STATUS</status>
<resolution>BG_STATUS</resolution>
<priority>BG_PRIORITY</priority>
<severity>BG_SEVERITY</severity>
<project>BG_PROJECT</project>
<reporter>BG_DETECTED_BY</reporter>
<assigned-to>BG_RESPONSIBLE</assigned-to>
<creation-date>BG_DETECTION_DATE</creation-date>
<version>BG_DETECTION_VERSION</version>
<milestone>BG_PLANNED_CLOSING_VER</milestone>
<hardware>N/A</hardware>
<os>N/A</os>
<component>BG_PROJECT</component>
<modification-date>BG_VTS</modification-date>
</fields-mapping>
</defects>

Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum

Hi

Are there more Test Director columns that can be specified for the defect element other than what was documented in the concerto admin guide? There are many other columns available howevr it appears that BTS settings file has specific element names and wondering if there are more. Is there a schema for this xml file I can reference and where would that be located?

<defects>
    <fields-mapping>
    <summary>BG_SUMMARY</summary>
    <status>BG_STATUS</status>
    <resolution>BG_STATUS</resolution>
    <priority>BG_PRIORITY</priority>
    <severity>BG_SEVERITY</severity>
    <project>BG_PROJECT</project>
    <reporter>BG_DETECTED_BY</reporter>
    <assigned-to>BG_RESPONSIBLE</assigned-to>
    <creation-date>BG_DETECTION_DATE</creation-date>
    <version>BG_DETECTION_VERSION</version>
    <milestone>BG_PLANNED_CLOSING_VER</milestone>
    <hardware>N/A</hardware>
    <os>N/A</os>
    <component>BG_PROJECT</component>
    <modification-date>BG_VTS</modification-date>
    </fields-mapping>
    </defects>

Hi,

Listed configuration describes all available defect attributes that can be translated and stored into Concerto database (tag names like: summary, status etc.), currently it is not possible to extend this schema.
    However user is free to modify values of mentioned attributes (mapping), the values are names of Test Director (QC) Bug table (for details please see API documentation: HP Quality Center Database Reference - quality_center_db.chm).

For example define following mapping:

<defects>
    <fields-mapping>
    <summary>BG_USER_04</summary>
    </fields-mapping>
    </defects>

Information read from BUG.BG_USER_04 will be stored as defect's summary in Concerto database.
    Note that you can modify all bug attributes in the same manner - only make sure you entered correct column name.

Let me know if you had any questions.

Thank you very much,

Pawel
  • LegacyForum
    Thanks Pawel

The other I have noticed is the status does not seem to be mapped correctly. Example, using the sample config file, QC status of "Fixed" and "Closed" would be mapped as "Resolved". When I look at records in that have a QC status of "Fixed" and "Closed", they have a "NOT TESTED" status for Report Center. Is this correct behaviour.

Please see attachment.

Thanks again.

• LegacyForum

Thanks Pawel

The other I have noticed is the status does not seem to be mapped correctly. Example, using the sample config file, QC status of "Fixed" and "Closed" would be mapped as "Resolved". When I look at records in that have a QC status of "Fixed" and "Closed", they have a "NOT TESTED" status for Report Center. Is this correct behaviour.

Please see attachment.

Thanks again.

Hello Sir,

Yes, this is a designed behaviour. Please note there are 2 columns:
    i) Status - displaying the original status from BTS/RMS (QC in this case)
    ii) Report Center status
    This column depicts the test status of specific item
    One of the aims of Report Center as a whole is to provide tracebility of test statuses of items from BTS/RMS
    Report Center Status shows:
    When item in unresolved in BTS/RMS, the value of Report Center Status is Unresolved
    When item in resolved in BTS/RMS, the value of Report Center Status, which may be:
    - Not Tested
    - Passed
    - Test Failed

In order to associate the specific defect/enhancements with tests in Concerto, please:
    - run automated test using any Parasoft tool (Jtest, SOAtest, C++test, ect) and mark the test with defect ID
    - define and perform Manual Test in Concerto Project Center module

Tagged