Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Keep alive connection/Close Connection

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hello,

during our test with SOAtest 5.5.3 the SOAP-Client throws following error message from time to time (not predictable nor repeatable):
"Software caused connection abort: socket write error".

Our test-scenario consists of the following test:
Test 1 -> Python-Method for creating a unique message-id
Test 2 -> SOAP Client
Test 3 -> Call Back Tool

The error is always thrown at the SOAP Client.
Can someone please give a hint about the reason of this error?

Regards,
-ajh-
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Hi ajh,

Try changing the settings in your soap client to use "Close Connection" instead of "Keep-Alive Connection" for the Connection Settings. This can be found under the "Transport" tab for the SOAP client in the "General" area. If this fails, it may be an issue with the service and you may want to look into making sure there are no problems with the service itself.

Hopefully this helps,
    Denard

Hello,

during our test with SOAtest 5.5.3 the SOAP-Client throws following error message from time to time (not predictable nor repeatable):
    "Software caused connection abort: socket write error".

Our test-scenario consists of the following test:
    Test 1 -> Python-Method for creating a unique message-id
    Test 2 -> SOAP Client
    Test 3 -> Call Back Tool

The error is always thrown at the SOAP Client.
    Can someone please give a hint about the reason of this error?

Regards,
    -ajh-

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Thank you Denard,

I changed it to "Close connection" and now it works without any error message.

But I have no idea, why this was set to "Keep alive", because in all my other projects it is set to "Close connection".
    Is this setting defined at the WSDL-file?

Greetz,
    ajh
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    Hi ajh,

I'm glad that fixed the error.

As for reasons why it had this value, yes the WSDL can define the transport protocol and according to this transport protocol, the connection settings may be set. I know that http 1.0/1.1 default to closed connection and so I'm interested in learning what kind of protocol the service is using, which may have caused the SOAP client to default to keep-alive, though that should not have been the case.

Nonetheless, I'm glad it helped.

Regards,
    Denard

Thank you Denard,

I changed it to "Close connection" and now it works without any error message.

But I have no idea, why this was set to "Keep alive", because in all my other projects it is set to "Close connection".
    Is this setting defined at the WSDL-file?

Greetz,
    ajh

Tagged