Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Quality Center VAPI-XP Test Execution

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi,

I am trying to execute a test from QC using the VAPI script provided in the examples folder and am getting the following output/errors:

Output:

startTestExecution: <ns2:startTestExecutionResponse xmlns:ns2="http://www.parasoft.com/ns/schema/soatest.xsd"><pid>22037933</pid></ns2:startTestExecutionResponse&gt;
pid: 22037933
Run-time error [16389] : Job terminated at 0% completion. The specified resource does not exist or could not be tested.
Test < SOADemo 61 > is completed.

The test will only run if var useWebService = false; . When I set it equal to true, I get the above output.

I installed the SOAP Toolkit SDK on the machine (local) where I am executing the tests and also started SOAtest in web service mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• LegacyForum
    edited December 2016
    The value of variable useWebService is to determine if you're running tests through our normal CLI or our Web service CLI. The latter assumes a SOAtest workspace is opened and running as a "stub" by hosting all the tests as a Web service. By having a machine hosting the SOAtest workspace and all its tests as a Web service, one can make a Web service call from a third party tool to execute any one given test in the SOAtest workspace hosting its tests as a Web service.

The error you're seeing in QC is a custom and generic error message from SOAtest. A more descriptive error message is printed out to the console on the host machine (console used to open up a SOAtest workspace and run as a stub).

I was able to reproduce the error message by giving it the wrong resource value (the value of the resource variable/argument should be the relative path to the test from the workspace). It's possible the same is happening on your end.

So please confirm

1) useWebService should be set to true (e.g. should you be using the Web service CLI?)
    2) resource value is correct
  • LegacyForum
    edited December 2016
    I can't explain but the test just worked when I tried it a few days ago. Thanks for your help!
  • LegacyForum
    I am trying to integrate QC with SOATest for the first time.
    I am running into the java script issue...

I am using the webservice interface
    In the function "invokeSOAtestWebServiceAndReport" I entered a web service url

with in the same function I am not sure what to replace in the following location!
    <soatestOptions xmlns=\"http://www.parasoft.com/ns/schema/soatest.xsd\">&quot;

I ran the test and It's giving the following error:

Runtime error:[438]: Object doesn't support this property or method

Can you also provide some instructions on the invoke function[indent][/indent]
  • LegacyForum

I am using the webservice interface
    In the function "invokeSOAtestWebServiceAndReport" I entered a web service url

Where and how did you enter in the Web service URL? Keep in mind, in general, only variable SOAtestServerHost needs to be changed. It should be assigned the hostname of the machine running the tests.

with in the same function I am not sure what to replace in the following location!
    <soatestOptions xmlns=\"http://www.parasoft.com/ns/schema/soatest.xsd\">&quot;

There should be no need to change that line.

Can you also provide some instructions on the invoke function

To clarify, there are two ways to run your tests. By running it in Web service mode (invokeSOAtestWebServiceAndReport), you're essentially making a Web service call to the machine hosting the tests. The machine hosting the tests acts as a Web service, and the Web service call tells the machine to run its tests. It is assumed this machine is up and running and SOAtest is also up and running on the machine. Alternatively you can run it in standard CLI mode (invokeSOAtestCliAndReport) where you have your local SOAtest run the tests by providing it the project location.

It is important you understand the difference between the two functions. By default, it will try and call invokeSOAtestWebServiceAndReport. To change this, you need to change the variable useWebService to false.

For more information, please refer to SOAtest User's Guide > Platform Support and Integrations > Using HP with SOAtest.