Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Assert Value against database

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi,
I would like to know using SOATEST 5.5 how can I assert that the value returend in a SOAP/XML response from my webservice is the same as in the DB.
Thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    One way of doing it:

1. Add a Db Tool to the test suite. Populate the Db tool with appropriate connection settings and provide a SQL query.
    2. Chain XML Data Bank to the Db tool. Run the Db Tool which will result in the XML Data Bank being populated with the Resultset in XML representation
    3. Extract desired value from the Resultset that you want to use in the assertion
    4. Add SOAP Client that consumes your Web service, and populate it accordingly
    5. Chain XML Assertor to SOAP Client. Add Value Assertion and choose the desired XPath
    6. In Value Assertion, choose parameterized and select the XML data bank data source column

Hi,
    I would like to know using SOATEST 5.5 how can I assert that the value returend in a SOAP/XML response from my webservice is the same as in the DB.
    Thanks in advance

• LegacyForum
    Thanks, I will give it a try.

One way of doing it:

1. Add a Db Tool to the test suite. Populate the Db tool with appropriate connection settings and provide a SQL query.
    2. Chain XML Data Bank to the Db tool. Run the Db Tool which will result in the XML Data Bank being populated with the Resultset in XML representation
    3. Extract desired value from the Resultset that you want to use in the assertion
    4. Add SOAP Client that consumes your Web service, and populate it accordingly
    5. Chain XML Assertor to SOAP Client. Add Value Assertion and choose the desired XPath
    6. In Value Assertion, choose parameterized and select the XML data bank data source column

Hi,
    Thanks in advance