Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

A way to populate with a datasource with 200 fields

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi folks,

I am new to the tool and I have a project where the web service contains over 200 elements. I have the data in xls format for the request and created a data source linking to that file.
However, I am wondering if there is a way to auto parametrize the 200 elements fields automatically without having to go in and manually select each field and set it to the right data source field?

I've looked at the "replace with data source value" option but not having any luck.
Appreciate any help, thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mikey11,

Yes, there is a convenient way to do this. The documentation provides the best explanation of the procedure:

In SOAtest, click Help > Documentation
    In the left pane, navigate to Functional Testing > Using Data Sources in Test Suites (Parameterizing Tests).
    Find the section called "Populating and Parameterizing Elements with Data Source Values" (near the bottom).

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need any more assistance.

- Brian McGlauflin
  • LegacyForum
    Hi BrianMcGlauflin,

I have also a lot of parameters within Excel file, so I tried to use 'Populate' menu to automatically parameterize request parameters of SOAP tool.
    I did the following:
    1. I created an Excel file, where the first row contains the name of the request parameters. And second row contains value of the parameters.
    2. Whithin .tst file I created a DataSource with appropriate Excel location. Column names are displayed here after clicking on Refresh Data.
    3. Then I set view to Form XML, and I clicked on Envelope node and I selected Populate from the menu, but nothing happaned. New window was not appeared.

Could you help me to automatically parameterize? I don't like to set manually each parameters.
    Thanks,

Kevin
  • LegacyForum
    Hi,

At the weekend I succeeded to use 'Populate' menu. It's a great thing which help me to save a lot of time.
    Thanks,

Kevin

Tagged