Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Error Message when Running WS-I Interoperability

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi,

I am new to SOATest. I upload a WSDL and created the recommended 4 WSDL tests.

I got this error message on the 3rd test -

Test 3: WS-I Interoperability The reference to entity "WSDLs" must end with the ';' delimiter.

Is there a reference guide on how these error messages are generated?
The Developer has no idea what this means and stated that when he ran the WSDL in RAD, there were no standard errors.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    edited June 2021
    Hello Sarah,

The WS-I Interoperability tool uses a third-party compliance checker.

As such, any messages generated by the WS-I Interoperability Test is actually coming from the third party tool. However, if you chain a browse tool to the WS-I Interoperability Test, it should generate a report that will give you more information regarding the error.

Finally, an error caught by the WS-I test does not equate to a non-functioning wsdl. The WS-I test merely ascertains that the wsdl complies with the standards as set by Web Services Interoperability Organization (WS-I). These standards enforce good wsdl practices so that any user can safely use your wsdl.

Hopefully this helps,
    Joseph
  • LegacyForum
    Thanks Joseph.

I do have 1 follow up question:

Does the version of RAD affect the WS-I Standards for SOATest?

For example: The developer stated that he is coding with RAD 7 and that when he ran the standards in RAD 7 there were no errors. When I ran his WSDL in SOATest, the error about deliemeters appeared.

What is the difference?

I would like to set a standard of best practices within my organization.

Thanks,

Sarah
  • LegacyForum
    Hello Sarah,

The WS-I merely outlines a comprehensive list of suggested WSDL practices such that any client can consume it with no problems. However, not all WSDL compilers follow the standards as set out by the WS-I.

As I am not too familiar with the intricacies of the RAD platform, I can only surmise that they have some vendor-specific syntax aimed at optimization for the IBM framework. In any case, the WS-I Interoperability tool is present as a convenience, so that a developer can insure that the WSDL used can confidently be consumed by any and all clients. If you are certain that any clients that may use your WSDL will have no difficulty consuming a WSDL generated by RAD, then you can safely disregard the WS-I tool.

Regards,
    Joseph

Tagged