Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

JAR file and Method tool problem

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with my jar files and the Method tool. After put the class name into Project Configuration, the "Method" list became blank, and I not able to select any class method. I tryed to compile the classes with many different encodings, but didnt got any progress.

Thanks,
Douglas.
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Has this happened before with other class files, or is this the first time? In any case, be sure that you have followed these steps:

1. Make sure your .jar file preserves the package structure that the .class files reference (com.parasoft.SOABugfor example would be com\parasoft\SOABug)
    2. Include the package structure in the name of the .class you are putting in the field (eg. com.parasoft.SOABug)
    3. Be certain that the class was compiled correctly

Since I do not know what naming or package structure your class contains, I cannot offer any more specific advice. If you require it, please email soatestsupport@parasoft.com for more personal support.
  • LegacyForum
    Hi Joseph,

No, it is happenning only with my jar files. The paths are right, and I did a simple hello world and got the same problem. I'm attaching the jar file.
  • LegacyForum
    Be sure to include your jar files in the SOAtest system properties (File -> customize preferences).
  • LegacyForum
    I don't know why, but the .class files generated by Eclipse compiller didn't work in SOATest for me. I just compilled it manually and all worked fine.
  • LegacyForum
    Hi Degomes,

I have done an example and I was able to use Java method tool properly.
    Please see my attached file.

(Do not forget to set .jar file to your SOAtest's classpath.)
    Kevin
  • LegacyForum

Hi Degomes,

I have done an example and I was able to use Java method tool properly.
    Please see my attached file.

(Do not forget to set .jar file to your SOAtest's classpath. And write pack1.HelloClass into Class textfield in SOATest, because in my jar contains src/pack1/HelloClass.java)
    Kevin

• LegacyForum
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the example. My script is working fine now... I think that I was with an encoding problem, becouse after change the Java compiler, the SoaTest recognized my class methods.

Tagged