Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Error opening Test script

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
java.io.EOFException
Hi,
I was working on a script on Friday and made some changes-->Saved it. But, today, I am not able to open that script/.tst file. When I try to open, I am seeing error: "java.io.EOFException" in the message window.
However, I am able to open and modify other scripts and re-open them without any problems.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
Ash
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Unfortunately that error message means your .tst file has been corrupted. This occurs when attempting to save a .tst file but prematurely terminating the process (i.e. via Task manager). A back up copy should've been created when attempting to save the .tst file and it should be in the same directory as the .tst file. The back up copy should be named the same but with a file extension name of .bak. You should use the back up copy as your new copy of your project.

Hi,
    I was working on a script on Friday and made some changes-->Saved it. But, today, I am not able to open that script/.tst file. When I try to open, I am seeing error: "java.io.EOFException" in the message window.
    However, I am able to open and modify other scripts and re-open them without any problems.

How do I resolve this?

Thanks,
    Ash

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Cool. That helps!

Thanks,
    Ash

Unfortunately that error message means your .tst file has been corrupted. This occurs when attempting to save a .tst file but prematurely terminating the process (i.e. via Task manager). A back up copy should've been created when attempting to save the .tst file and it should be in the same directory as the .tst file. The back up copy should be named the same but with a file extension name of .bak. You should use the back up copy as your new copy of your project.

Tagged