Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

XML Data Bank to Write File

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in SOAtest
XML Data Bank to Write File
Is there a way to use the write file tool to create a file based on a parameter that is saved by the XML Databank?

For example, I have a response which I've saved one of the values in the XPath and the data source column name is called "getPreparedDataReturn". Can I create a file with this response and save it to my local hard drive? If so, can the name of the file be identified by a parameter that I have passed into the request?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    My understanding of what you're trying to do is to save the value of an element from the response into a file and make the file name the same as an input in the request. Is this correct? If so, the first part is possible by using a XML Transformer to select an element in the response and a Write File Tool to write the value into a file.

For the second part, there is no way to automatically use an input value from the request for the file name. If you want to generate a file name, then there is a list of wildcards that may be helpful. To see this list, click on the Write File Tool and click on the Help button next to Target name. For instance, %n would insert the test name into the file name.

I've attached an example test suite. Let me know if you have more questions.

Tagged