Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Bamboo Pipeline calling .TST File - not able to perform DB Query

bharatbarz
bharatbarz Posts: 44

Dear All, I have .tst file where I use DB tool to Query DB2 Database. While setting up DB tool connectivity, I refer to the db connection properties file and I am able to execute it successfully. As part of Automation, currently Bamboo Pipeline is calling our .tst file and it fails at the DB step. How to give the DB2 connection parameters locally within .tst file, so that this issue can be corrected?

Best Answer

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin
    Answer ✓

The .tst file should reference the DB connection properties file using a relative path, and that file should be on the automation server at the same relative path as it was when you set up the .tst file locally.

Answers

• bharatbarz

Thanks a lot.

• bharatbarz

Hi Jakubiak, The Automation Server is in a Linux Agent and I am using Windows. How to set up in this case ?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

If you use a relative path to your DB connection properties then your tst file is portable. A relative path would work on both Windows and Linux. It is common to have a pipeline configured to fetch your test cases and any dependent files from a source repository, for example. If the pipeline is being executed by a remote agent, then that agent would be fetching files from the source repository configured in your pipeline.