Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Executing .tst file using Command Prompt

bharatbarz
bharatbarz Posts: 44

I am trying to execute my .tst file from command prompt and I am getting the below error message and need your guidance to resolve this.

C:\Program Files\Parasoft\SOAtest & Virtualize\2022.1>soatestcli.exe -config "C:\Users\bharatarun.radhakris\Bharat\Parasoft\MATF" -resource "BatchValidationPrcfd750Regression.tst"

soatestcli: Version 2022.1.0 (10.6.0.202205082000) -- Copyright (C) 2022 Parasoft Corporation
soatestcli: Using default workspace "C:\Users\bharatarun.radhakris\parasoft\soavirt_workspace"
ERROR: Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Ambiguous protocol URL, cannot determine tool in multi-tool mode: 0, , file:/C:/Users/bharatarun.radhakris/Bharat/Parasoft/MATF/
Check the C:\Users\bharatarun.radhakris\Parasoft\soavirt_workspace.metadata.log file for more details.

I have attached Log file as well for reference.

.log 59.2K

Best Answer

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 91 admin
    Answer ✓

An example of SOAtest test configuration in the desktop GUI is when you run your TST with user-defined "Example Configuration" or built-in "Demo Configuration." These can be exported from SOAtest desktop to properties files, or if you have not modified them you can reference them directly from command line such as: -config "soatest.builtin://Demo Configuration"

Answers

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 91 admin

The error message indicates that the problem is with your -config "C:\Users\bharatarun.radhakris\Bharat\Parasoft\MATF" argument. Is MATF a test configuration properties file or a directory? The -config argument should point to a SOAtest configuration properties file.

• bharatbarz

Hi Matt, MATF is a directory. By Properties file, do you refer to the DB Connection Properties file ? If not, can you explain me more on this.

• bharatbarz

Thanks Matt.