Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Date Format Editing

bharatbarz
bharatbarz Posts: 44

Hi All,
I am calling an API which will give me back the mainframe Job details like Run Date, Run time, Status, Job ID etc in an array. I need to take the Date and Time from the very first occurrence. The format I am receiving is YYYY/MM/DD and HH:MM:SS. I am storing these 2 values in a JSON databank.
I am creating a JSON Assertion to validate if the date is matching the current date (I am getting by writing in Jython Script) as enclosed. Is there a way to change the format of the run date from YYYY/MM/DD to YYYY-MM-DD, so that I could used the stored json databank date in subsequent steps. Similarly, I need to convert HH:MM:SS to HH.MM.SS format.
Also is it possible to return the value other than 1/0 or True/False from Custom Assertion and update the JSON Databank Values ?

Best Answer

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would probably need to use scripting to do custom date/time format conversion.

To report custom test violations, use com.parasoft.api.ScriptingContext.report(String message). A ScriptingContext object is passed as an optional argument to the script.