Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Unknown Host Error

Options
TScheafer
TScheafer Posts: 15

I am randomly running into an "Unknown Host" error within my test suite. I generally find the issue while running soacli.exe, then I switch to a different machine to validate the error and Soatest will produce the same error.

In these tests I reference another test suite, which is actually causing the issue. If I go run this refereneced test suite manually and then re-run the test it works fine.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the errors?

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Do you know what hostname is failing to resolve? Since the test suite runs fine on its own have you looked to see if the hostname is being set to something different in the test that references the suite?

• TScheafer
    TScheafer Posts: 15
    Options

I do know the hostname that is failing to resolve. I don't see anywhere that it is being changed in the suite. The only real difference I can see is that both suites have an environment variable with the same name but are pointing to different swagger json files.

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Since both Test Suites have an environment variable with the same name the value from the Test Suite that references that other Test Suite will be used. This should explain why it works when the referenced test is run separately, it will use its local environment variable.

If you test the referenced test with the other value and run it separately does it work?