Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

License: Activation failed: Encryption failed.

shenzhongyou
shenzhongyou Posts: 2

We don't have any issue to access the TDP license server until recently and we can not connect to the license server as below. It would be nice to have more detail information about "License: Activation failed: Encryption failed." and are there any settings I can take a look at to fix this "Encryption failed"?

./cpptestcli -list-configs
Parasoft C/C++test Standard 10.4.2.20190408B2313 -- Copyright (C) 2019 Parasoft Corporation

Loading preferences...
Checking license...
License: Activation failed: Encryption failed.
License: Machine id LINUX2-42f21c00

ERROR: License not set - aborting

Tagged:

Comments

• From the DTP server log and there is "?" in the index 0 causing the license access issue as the following:
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

• 2021-09-03 15:32:39,790 LicenseServerThread-51379 ERROR LicenseCheckThread.processCommunication():304
      Error processing client request from socket (Socket[addr=/127.0.0.1,port=51379,localport=2002]).
      java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '?' near index 0
      ?
      ^
      at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Pattern.java:1957)

There is a reserved license "?" in index 0 and I need to know how to remove the reserved license from the license server.

• JeehongMin
    JeehongMin Posts: 35 ✭✭

Hi, I suggest that you file a support ticket for this issue as it may require looking at your log files and other settings.

Tagged