Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Tool to write the Response data to external excel file

Options
Parasofttoudaya
Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi Team,

I have encountered a situation where i have to write the data to external excel file. I have tried to use write file option, still that would not be a solution as my data should go to external file.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

You would need to script this. I recommend using the Apache POI library: https://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/how-to.html

• Parasofttoudaya
    Options

SOAP UI provides writeData, Why dont we have any other tool?

This feature is majorly required from all organization. Any parasoft marketplace tools??

Scripting makes us to work more when there is a change in requirement.. Anything inbuild tools feature is appreciatable.

Regards
    Udaya

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

There may be some other options available which were discussed in this other thread: https://forums.parasoft.com/discussion/2816/how-to-extract-fields-from-response-message-and-write-to-file

• Parasofttoudaya
    Options

using this thread we would be able to generate the whole response. Not the specific one.

I need it like below.
    UserName|Password|keyStrokeToken|Key|

Hope you understand the requirement..

• Parasofttoudaya
    Options

Hi Omar,

How are you, Thanks for the response , it looks good..

But required data to be collected from multiple responses ;( is there any way to achieve it??

Any help would be appreciatable to achieve it..

Regards
    Udaya

• Parasofttoudaya
    Options

Any option would be added as feature??

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

If you are asking about writing directly to an Excel spreadsheet - this is not on the roadmap at this time, since writing to a CSV file is simple and CSV files can be easily opened in Excel.

• Parasofttoudaya
    Options

CSV vs Excel would not be a big deal, I am fine with csv file..
    is there any option to collect the data from multiple response and put it in csv file? like we have that option in SOAP UI & CA LISA.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

Well you could use a data bank to extract data from each response, and then use an Extension Tool to put the data together into CSV content. You could then return the CSV content from your Extension Tool, and chain a Write File tool to the Extension Tool to write out the CSV file.

• Parasofttoudaya
    Options

You mean create csv and put the collective data bank content to csv file? I was expecting parasoft feature to do so..

you can ask for all your clients whether this feature is in need, offcourse every one is in need. Then you can add as a feature.

• jeremygore
    jeremygore Posts: 1
    Options

Hi, you can try ZetExcel

Jeremy Gore

• peterferguson
    Options

As for me i always take advantage of ZetExcel to write the data to external excel file. and also to generate excel file on c #. you can check it for yourself
    Thanks

Peter Ferguson

• romankris
    romankris Posts: 1
    Options

Hope this will help you...c# excel export