Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to integrate perfect the virtual services in the environment

Options

Hi,

I ask myself the question, how to integrate the virtual services in a very smooth way in our dev and test environment. Is there a feature I not already discovered or is the only way to set a load balancer in between my dev/test env?

** What exactly I need? **

• Request --> Dev/test (this environment have a downtime) --> the request goes to the virtual-service
    ------> Can Parasoft Virtualizer handle this?

• Request --> LoadBalancer --> Dev/test (down) forward to virtual-service
    ---------> or I need a load balancer

In fact I need to build the virtualizer inside the environment and in the best case nobody will notice if the call goes to virtual-service or real dev/test. --> is this possible?

KR
anton

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Yes, I believe what you are describing is possible.

In the Message Proxy feature provided by Virtualize there are options for a primary and a secondary connection. When there is an error reaching the primary connection, in your example this could be the dev/test environment, then the message is sent to the secondary connection, which could be your virtual service.

This documentation describes Primary and Secondary Connection settings.
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOAVIRT9107/HTTP+Configuration#HTTPConfiguration-ConnectionSettings

Hope this helps!

• anton
    anton Posts: 2
    Options

Cool! thank you!
    I will check that. Sounds that is exactly what I need :-)