Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Get all headers and add them to a message client request

Can you share an example of getting all headers from a request into a variable and adding them to a message client request? Thanks. JT

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

You could use a text data bank I think, just data bank the entire header. Though not sure if that would extra headers, for example, the HTTP request line, to what the client sends. Are you trying to forward a message? The forward message client would take care of getting headers from the incoming request or is this a case where you don't want to use the forward tool?

• I'm modifying the request message, so that's why I was using the message client. From reading the docs, it sounded to me like the message forward was used there was no match on the data source. I think if I could just grab all of the request headers (no need to get the HTTP request line) I could just drop them into the message client.

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

You might be able to do it by using the text data bank. Set the left-hand boundary to be be the newline characters, so it skips the first line. Then leave the right-hand boundary empty. That should grab everything.