Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Virtual Asset issue The schema of messages includes recursive type definition resulting in a cycle

Hi,

While trying to create virtual asset from recording file, I am getting the following error:

The schema of the processed messages includes recursive type definitions (i.e., an element contains another element of that same type)-- resulting in a cycle. The parameterized message will include only the first level of each cycle. As a result, messages generated by the asset may not match the original traffic. If you want to include additional levels of a cycle, then edit the parameterized message and manually add those elements.

This happens because the response has some child element same as parent element. For example:

{
  "items": [
    {
      "id": "123",
      "items": []
    }
  ]
}

Due to this, I am getting truncated response which does not match the actual recorded response.
I would be really grateful if someone can help me on this.

Thanks,
Prashant

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

In that case, you have to go into the form input and manually parameterize the child "items". You will need to do that as "deep" as your messages require.