Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Multiple response for same request which contain only the session id as dynamic value

Apoorva_JA
Apoorva_JA Posts: 2

Hi Team,
I'm facing issue in differentiating the responses for same request.There are 4 different responses for the same request and except session id every other values are null in the request.In real time based on the addresses in the previous request the response differs in this request ,but i'm not getting how to virtualize this here.We are not passing either the address or the location id anywhere after that request.Tried to differentiate based on the session id,but ended up creating multiple stubs for different session ids and this is not a optimized solution.Can you please guide me to resolve this.

Thanks,
Apoorva

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to understand your use case, it sounds like the same request is sent multiple times? Is there some dynamic data in the request that is part of the response?

It sounds like you might want to use a Sequence Responder, here is the documentation
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SVC20201/Literal+Sequence+Responder

• Apoorva_JA
    Apoorva_JA Posts: 2
    edited July 2020

Hi William,

Yes,The same request is sent multiple times,But as I told earlier,based the address mentioned in the previous requests ,the response varies for this request on each iteration.So there are 4 different kinds of responses coming up for single request.
    The session id is the only dynamic data in the request which is part of response as well.

Thanks,
    Apoorva

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "the address in the previous requests" if the requests are always the same is it not sending the same address repeatedly? Or is this state? For example, it sends the address "A" in a REST POST request, then a GET request res should return "A"?