Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Error running soatestcli from Windows Task Scheduler

Options
masedo
masedo Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm trying to schedule the execution of tests on a Windows server 2016 with the Windows Task Scheduler using a CMD file that calls soatestcli.
If I run this CMD file with a logged account, then the tests runs correctly, the output file shows all the execution and the reports are created.
But if I run the Scheduled task, then I only get the following output:

soatestcli: Version 9.10.8.20191027 -- Copyright (C) 2019 Parasoft Corporation
[SOAtest] 05/25 10:05:42 AM Shutting down current deployments.
05/25 10:05:42 AM Shutting down current deployments.
[SOAtest] 05/25 10:05:42 AM Shutdown of deployments finished.
05/25 10:05:42 AM Shutdown of deployments finished.

The CMD file call soatestcli with the following command:
"D:\Apps\Parasoft\SOAtest\9.10\soatestcli.exe" -data "D:\apps\soatest\project1" -config "user://Example Configuration" -resource "project1" -report "D:\apps\soatest\project1\reports" >> "D:\Apps\soatest\project1\scripts\script_output.txt"

Why the tests are not executed with the Windows scheduled task?

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

Running with a scheduled task usually runs as a different user by default, which could have permission or other issues. You could try to configure the job to run with the same user as the one where the execution succeeds - a quick Google search about how to change the user of a scheduled task on Windows provides a lot of info about how to do that.