Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

I am using SQL development for my test case. Can i use same sql development output to validate my te

Options
Nirja_Agarwal
Nirja_Agarwal Posts: 2

I am using SQL development for my test case. Can i use same sql development output to validate my test output?

Answers

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

By "using SQL development" do you mean using SOAtest's DB Tool to execute a SQL query? The DB Tool will return the SQL result set as an XML document which can be used for validations. You can chain a Diff tool or XML Assertor to the DB Tool, for example.

• Nirja_Agarwal
    Nirja_Agarwal Posts: 2
    Options

My requirement is to validate the output of test case by making output of test case as dynamic. For this i have used add output---then added new datasource and used json validator --then validating the output element with datasource column. Is it possible to pass the input parameter to datasource sql statement and then validate the response of test case with that of sql query result?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possible to pass the input parameter to datasource sql statement and then validate the response of test case with that of sql query result?

Your "input parameter" needs to be accessible in some way, like stored in a data bank column, or data source column, or test variable.
    In a DB Tool, you can reference columns and variables directly in your SQL statement using ${name}. In general, you can can use ${name} to reference columns or variables in any tool configuration field, including any fields you see in the DB Tool.