Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Connecting to Mysql DB in GCP

seb1
seb1 Posts: 4

Hello,
I'm working with SOAtest 9.10.4.
I'm having hard time to connect to our MySQL DB that is located in GCP.
I'm looked though the forum and couldnt find anything that could help me out.
the error messing that I'm getting is:
Communications link failure
The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.: 08S01

my tests is relatively simple:
create test file, drop into FTP,
connect to SSH
connect to MysqlDB and run validation query
disconnect from SSH
test completed

the SSH connection handled through a script

part of troubleshooting, I ended up installing the gcloud SDK, authenticated on host where Soatest is installed, yet nothing helps.

Could anyone shed a lights on how to get the the connection to work?

thank you

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Communications link failure
    The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.: 08S01

It doesn't look like a Parasoft or SOAtest error message but some error from something in your script , perhaps one of the calls into the JSch library.

Which line in your "connect to SSH" script is throwing that error?
    Stack trace?
    Maybe you can search for information about this error if this is from a third party library like JSch?

• seb1

Hi, its not the connect to SSH that throws the error. I'm connecting to SSH without issue. the error is generated when i attempt to connect to the DB.

• benken_parasoft
    edited April 2020

the error is generated when i attempt to connect to the DB.

How are you doing that? A different tool? I only see your script using JSch library, not MySQL. Can you provide details of what is generating the error and how you have things configured? Maybe this is a MySQL-specific error message?

• seb1

MySql DB setup :

During execution:

• benken_parasoft

"The driver has not received any packets from the server" message appears to be coming from the MySQL JDBC driver. I would expect that error to happen for any client using the MySQL JDBC driver with those connection settings, not just SOAtest.

I'm not really familiar with error message from MySQL JDBC driver. However, a quick online search shows some results (I encourage you to do this). Possibly your MySQL server is simply not accessible from your local machine to the IP address and port you specified in the connection URL.

• seb1

@benken_parasoft thanks for the input. i will look into it.

Tagged