Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Connection timed out error

Options
Ruman
Ruman Posts: 6

Hi,

i am new to parasoft tool and have started on this few days back.
i am working on a rest api, and getting an error as "Error Message:
Connection timed out: connect" even though i have done the proxy changes in the preferences.
Could you please assist me as in what i can do to resolve this error.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

It sounds like one of your settings is incorrect somewhere - either the proxy settings or the REST endpoint that you have specified. Please ensure that the host and port are correct both for your proxy settings and your REST endpoint.

• Ruman
    Options

Yes i have checked the rest endpoint, i have tried running it in postman and it gives me success result there.
    there are couple of other api's in parasoft which are running successfully only one particular api is giving me this error not sure why it is.

• jakubiak
    Options

Are you using a proxy configuration file for your proxy settings by any chance?

• Ruman
    Options

i am not using proxy configuration file for proxy

• jakubiak
    Options

I would make sure your proxy settings are identical between what you have in the browser/postman and what you have in SOAtest. Perhaps the endpoint that doesn't work needs to be in the proxy bypass list? I'm just guessing here. There is something configured differently between postman and SOAtest and you need to figure out what it is in order to get around it.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

If nothing is obvious, I would try capturing the over-the-wire traffic and do side by side comparison. Something has to be different if you are seeing different behavior.

• Ruman
    Options

where can i get the log files for failed tests in parasoft tool?