Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Virtualizer - asking to download JSON file instead of showing contents

aparacha
aparacha Posts: 10

Hi,

Question : I have virtualize Rest API, working perfect with postman/chrome but ones try URI under IE 11, instead of showing JSON on screen asks me to OPEN or Download file.

If i click on OPEN, nothing happens.

Thanks,

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

I am not sure I understand the question. It sounds like you are trying to call a resource on the Virtualize rest api? If that is the case what you are seeing sounds like a browser specific behavior

• VirtualUser
    VirtualUser Posts: 15

Hi, if IE won't display JSON you may want to try downloading the file and opening it with Wordpad or Notepad++.

• aparacha

Yes its rest API resource, JSON data. postman & Chrome are able to show JSON contents on screen while IE 11 gives option to download JSON file instead of opening in browser.

Thanks,

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

aparacha
    what kind of mime type you setup in response?

• aparacha

Ireneusz, its JSON .
    Jakubiak, thanks for sharing link, answered my question.

Thanks,

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Great! One of the links had instructions that would modify the behavior of IE - were you able to get that to work?

• aparacha

There is no need to go that way for now, had to explain scenario to lead.
    Thanks,

• Neeti_1302
    Neeti_1302 Posts: 1

For me, the same is happening in chrome. It automatically downloads a json file if i hit api in chrome browser. And works perfectly fine if i query it in postman.

Please suggest.

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭

Netti_1302

it looks like Chrome bug, see :
    Google support
    or here

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html