Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

LoadTest Metrics

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Load Test
Load Test Metrics
After doing a load test on Web Service , we are getting various parameters like time, request size , response size as metrics (result statistics)

I want to understand what does the time metrics refer to ? Is time = request time + response time?

Is there a way were i can collect the min, max and avg request and response time at the end of load test?

Thanks in Advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Are you referring to the metric "Avg Time" under the statistics view of the Load Test report? This metric refers to the mean execution time of all invocations. The execution time refers to the time from when the last byte of data is sent until the first byte of data is received. After a load test completes, the min, max, and avg execution times can be seen from the "Statistics" view of the Load Test report. From the "Output Types" drop down box you can switch between "Generic Reports" and "SOAP Reports" to see all the statistics you have available. If you right click on the table in the "SOAP Report" view you may have additional columns available - right click on the table and choose select columns. You can then add any additional columns into your report.

If you have further questions on this feel free to reference the Online Documentation available in SOAPtest by going to Help -> Online Documentation or by pressing F1.
  • LegacyForum
    Thanks for you explanation on Execution time. I am not able to find metrics like request and response time. (not request and response size.)
    Can you please help?
  • LegacyForum
    Currently request and response time metrics are not available. Since the execution time is measured as the time from the last byte of data sent to the first byte received, this will give you a good idea about the server response time. This metric includes the transmission time as well, but for the most part this time is negligible. If you wish to view execution times about each individual web service invocation, you can choose to save information about individual hits. To do this click on the "Scenarios" folder in the Load Test view and select the checkbox "Record individual hits". When your load test is finished, you can select the "Detailed Report" view and select the "Show Individual Hits" checkbox. You can then double click on any individual hit and view more detailed information associated with that particular invocation.
  • LegacyForum
    I did as per your suggestion. Can you please explain about the below metrics which i am seeing for individual hits

a) StartTime(sec)
    Exe.Time(ms) : assuming same as you have defined earlier
    c) Inter- Invocation Time(ms)

I couldn't find good explanation for the above terms in the documentaion.

Please do the needful.
  • LegacyForum
    edited March 2005
    a. Start Time: This is the time, from 0 to the length of your load test, that the invocation was started. So for example if the time was 3.25 sec, then this invocation happend at 3.25 seconds into the load test.
    b. Execution time: Yes, this is the same are I defined previously.
    c. Inter-Invocation Time: This is the time between web service invocations. So for example if the time was 130 ms, then this means that the time between this invocation and the next was 130 ms. So this doesn't actually contain any server side information, it simply reflects how requests are generated on the SOAPtest side.
  • LegacyForum
    Thanks for the info