Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

DB Tool Oracle DB Connection Issue

Hi Team, I have added "DB Tool" Output on Incoming Request and have given the "Driver", URL, and UserName and Password. When deployed the Virtual Service to Parasoft server and tested, getting the following error. Please help me with this issue.
I have added class path in Parasoft tool in Parasoft-->Preferences-->JDBC Drivers for the Oracle JDBC Jar file.

Test Name: 1. JSON Message Responder
Source: DB Tool
Message: Unable to instantiate class "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver". Please check the DB driver classname and the jar file locations in Parasoft > Preferences > JDBC Drivers.: 08001

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Did you try restarting the product? Sometimes JDBC drivers need to be loaded by the JDBC Driver manager at start. If that doesn't work what Oracle jar are you using? What are all the db tool settings?

• Hi William, I have tried in local server and its getting connecting to DB and the query is getting executed but events for results is not coming when checked in the "Parasoft Event Details" perspective.

I have did a small check to see if the query is executing or not by giving an Invalid query and an Error event is logged saying Invalid query but when tried to run a valid query getting no Event. Could you please help here.

• williammccusker

Hi,
    I don't think an event is generated for successful queries. Is there a reason you are looking for such an event?

• Hi William, DB tool will retrieve the DB results in the form of XML, XML Data Bank needs structure to "Extract" the element value. So if a structure is logged in the event section, we can copy paste that in XML Data Bank and extract data.

• williammccusker

Hi,
    If you attach the data bank to the DB tool then run the DB it should populate with the results. Another option would be to chain a write file tool to the DB tool to see the xml it produces.

• Thanks will, i will try this on Monday and will let you know the results.

• Hi William, Now i am able to capture the DB results XML and was able to Extract the elements and use as a datasource in Response. i have used "Write to File" option to capture the XML. Thanks for the solution.

• williammccusker

Glad it worked!