Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Error Message: Connection reset

Options
ptlk6789
ptlk6789 Posts: 13

when i run a POST call in SOATest, i get **"Error Message: Connection reset" **

same request will work in postman. so i am using same info i am using in postman.

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

"Connection reset" means the socket was unexpectedly closed. The server side may do that if it encounters some issue, like if it can't process the request from the client.

I recommend comparing the exact HTTP message you are sending with SOAtest and compare that with the exact HTTP message your are sending with postman. Compare both HTTP header and HTTP body side-by-side. If you are seeing different behavior then there must be something different in the request being sent.

• ptlk6789
    ptlk6789 Posts: 13
    Options

I am using exact same URL/Headers/Body. I copied all info from POSTMAN and pasted in SOATest.

still getting same issue.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

I copied all info from POSTMAN and pasted in SOATest.

Please check first line, including HTTP version. Also, some HTTP headers must be auto-generated or may have dynamic values, like Content-Length or Authorization.

still getting same issue

You probably need to check logs on the server side. It sounds like the server couldn't process the request for some reason and decided to close the socket as opposed to returning an error message in an HTTP response. It knows the reason why it did this and may have logged something.

Tagged