Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Changing the mediator endpoint to local host endpoint is not working.

Senthil
Senthil Posts: 27

Hi Team,

SOAPUI call --> service visualize --> route to actual endpoint-->sends the response.

SOAPUI steps:(This is a direct call to service visualize)
1. imported the service wsdl.
2.added the respective request.
3. created a message proxy with the actual endpoint.
4. copied the proxy endpoint to SOAPUI and executed.
5. received a valid response from the actual service and the data was captured in a abcd_2019-12-10_16-04-15-971.txt file under recorded_traffic folder.

Application SOAP call--> ESB (middleware) --> service visualize --> route to actual endpoint

ESB Middleware: (This flow does not work)
1. changed the middleware endpoint from actual to service visualize.
2. imported the service wsdl.
2.added the respective request.
3. created a message proxy with the actual endpoint.
4. copied the proxy endpoint to SOAPUI and executed.
Is there a way to fix this issue.

Thanks
Senthil. M

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Do you have any logs from Virtualize about any uncorrelated messages? It is possible that the Middleware is sending some request it expects a response for that it is not receiving. One possible idea would be to create a message proxy with an http listener so that the proxy can listen on the root path, "/" and forward to the actual service at "/" so that all traffic is forwarded.

See documentation here, specifically under the section "Proxy Settings (incoming)"
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOAVIRT9108/HTTP+Configuration

• Senthil
    Senthil Posts: 27

Hi William,

Thanks for the quick response. I have mentioned the same in point number 3. I have created a Message proxy redirecting it to actual server/service endpoint.
    Let me know if you need more info on the same.

Thanks
    Senthil. M

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am attaching an example of a message proxy that listens on the root path of a dynamic port. In your case you would edit the forward host and port to be the actual service. Once the proxy is deployed and working for your test case I would recommend starting monitoring of the message proxy and then connect the Middleware. Look and see what messages are received from the Middleware. There might be information that could help you identify what's not working.