Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

jtestTimeout for class error

Ankob1985
Ankob1985 Posts: 14

Hi All,

i am a bit further now with setting up the ANT CLI interface.
But during the run i am receiving:_ groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: jtestTimeout for class: com.parasoft.xtest.ant.SoaTestTask_
I Can't find where this failure is caused by, am i missing a file at the system?
What do i need to do to fix this error?

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Can you provide more details about what your ant file looks like? How are you running it? What are you trying to automate - static analysis, unit tests, etc?

• Ankob1985

Regressieset/02.1 C-AR - Aansluiting aanleggen.tst

antfile looks like above.
    The full stacktrace error is like:

/u02/build/jenkins-home/jobs/POC_RegressieTest_CLI/workspace/build.xml:10: groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: jtestTimeout for class: com.parasoft.xtest.ant.SoaTestTask
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:50)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.getGroovyObjectProperty(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:537)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.ant.SoaTestTask.getTimeout(SoaTestTask.groovy:138)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86)
    at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:230)
    at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:912)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrentN(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:78)
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodOnCurrent0(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:112)
    at com.parasoft.xtest.ant.XTestTask.execute(XTestTask.groovy:334)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:292)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:435)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:456)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1393)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1364)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1248)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:851)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:235)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280)
    at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)

Those test normally are executed during the office hours, but we would like to automate then to the nightly hours, because it saves us a lot of time.

• jakubiak

I don't see the contents of the ant file...

• Ankob1985

project name="Parasoft Test Build" default="parasoft-test-car" xmlns:parasoft="antlib:com.parasoft.antlib"
    Regressieset/02.1 C-AR - Aansluiting aanleggen.tst</resource
    </parasoft:soatest
    <move todir="reports/01_Normale_Aansluitingen"
    <fileset dir="reports/parasoft"
    </move
    </target
    </project

Sorry! i see that this forum does unmark XML parts :blush: So i removed the end tags. Then it is human readable.

• jakubiak

You can use the Code block in your forums post so it doesn't interpret the XML as HTML. I copied from your original post, highlighted the text, and chose the Code block to get the following:

<!-- Project definition and call to Parasoft Ant library -->
    <project name="Parasoft Test Build" default="parasoft-test-car" xmlns:parasoft="antlib:com.parasoft.antlib">
        <target name="parasoft-test-car">
            <!-- To use and configure Parasoft Test Plugin -->
             <parasoft:soatest soatestHome="/u01/app/parasoft/soatest/9.9"
                environment="Systeemtest R4"
                localsettings="localsettings_linux.properties"
                failOnViolation="false"
                testName="Webservice"
                soatestTimeout="5">
                    <projectDescription basedir="Regressieset" name="Regressieset"/>
                    <resource>Regressieset/02.1 C-AR - Aansluiting aanleggen.tst</resource>
            </parasoft:soatest>
            <move todir="reports/01_Normale_Aansluitingen">
                <fileset dir="reports/parasoft"/>
            </move>
        </target>
    </project>

• jakubiak

I found that I see the same error until I remove the "soatestTimeout" attribute on the "parasoft:soatest" task. Can you remove that and try again?

• Ankob1985

i removed the line soatestTimeout. Then it starts but after a while during the running of codes it is giving the same fault again.

• jakubiak

I am not very familiar with this ant task, but it looks like the ant task is timing out and when it tries to print out how long it ran before it timed out, it cannot find something called "jtestTimeout". The logic that prints the error message should be looking for "soatestTimeout" which is specified in the ant script, but instead it wrongly looks for "jtestTimeout". However, the real issue looks like it might be that the ant task is timing out too soon. So please leave "soatestTimeout" there, but set it to 0 which means no timeout.

• Ankob1985

awesome! that parameter was the right one. Thanks! the test is now running without an errror.