Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Parasoft JTest integration with Gradle

Options
Sathya
Sathya Posts: 2

Hi All,
Need a help for integrating jtest with gradle.

We couldn't find init.gradle or jtest.gradle in the installation folder of Gradle which was mentioned in the Parasoft manual.
https://docs.parasoft.com/display/JTEST1040/Configuring+the+Jtest+Plugin+for+Gradle.

Please share us the init.gradle file or the plugin which are to be used for integrating with gradle.

Any pointers/helps will be appreciated.

Eclipse version: Mars(4.5.2)

Gradle: gradle 3.5

Parasoft: 9.5

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Tomasz
    Tomasz Posts: 18
    Options

Hi Sathya

Support for Gradle build was added to 10.x jtest versions, I recommend to use the newest 10.4.2 one.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Sathya - I'd mirror Tomasz's recommendation. Jtest 9.5 is a very old version of Jtest. Please feel free to contact the maintenance team (maint@parasoft.com) and they can coordinate getting you an updated license.

• Sathya
    Sathya Posts: 2
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I installed latest version and found jtest.gradle. Made the recommended settings in Gradle and JTest Property files and seeing below issue.

_Using property jtest.home=C:/Program Files/parasoft_jtest_10.1.4_win32_x86_64/jtest
    :jtest FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
      Execution failed for task ':jtest'.

No such property: runtimeJar for class: org.gradle.internal.jvm.Jvm$JvmImplementation

• Try:
      Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
      _

Is it due to the mismatch in java version/? Shall I change JTest jvm to point to the system Java?

• Tomasz
    Tomasz Posts: 18
    Options

Could you please verify jtest.home settings?
    It seems to be set to 10.1.4 version which is very old and probably not intended (maybe it is set in your environment settings).

Additionally please take a look at examples/demo project.
    You can verify jtest gradle integration using steps described at README.txt and included demo project.

In case of problems please contact Parasoft support.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

The current release of Jtest is 10.4.2 (10.4.3 will be out later this month)