Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

server.bat for local data repository does not work if path has spaces

When trying to setup a local datarepo using the included DataRepositoryServer.zip files, I get an error when trying to execute the server.bat. It appears as though the script is not setup to handle paths with spaces.

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We'll test on our side to see if can reproduce the issue and will follow up if we find anything, thanks!

• williammccusker

Hi,
    We are not able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Could you send us the full console output so we can see what command was run and anything the script might have logged before it failed?

• goofy78270
    goofy78270 Posts: 133

I have nuked my install due to another issue. After I reinstall, if I have the same issue I will repost with the full info or with a my bad.

• goofy78270

I reinstalled 9.10.7, copied the datarepository zip from https://parasoft.force.com/customerportal/MyProducts and placed it into 2 separate folders under the root of my D drive.
    1) Test Folder With Spaces
    2) TestFolderWithoutSpaces

I then ran the server.bat file within each and below are the console results from my windows CMD prompt

1) Test Folder With Spaces

2) TestFolderWithoutSpaces

• williammccusker
    edited September 2019

Hi,
    We're going to see if putting it on a drive that is not C will reproduce the issue.

• williammccusker

Hi,
    Putting it on the D drive did the trick, we are able to reproduce the issue. We'll start working on a fix.

• keegan_chan
    keegan_chan Posts: 59 ✭✭

The attached zip contains an updated server.bat. Feel free to try it to see if it works for you. Thanks.

• goofy78270

Thank you for the quick turnaround on this.

• goofy78270

In testing the script, it appears the folder paths are holding on to an extra \ but not a big deal since the paths are still created. I have added some echos to show the folder paths for the repositories and logs for reference.

The issue now is that the TDM portion appears to have an issue with the else statement although spacing looks correct. Is TDM necessary for the data repo?

• williammccusker

Hi,
    No TDM is not required. The script by default has some basic settings that for TDM that can be set to empty strings to disable that portion of the script.

• goofy78270

Ok, I was just curious as before (in the path without spaces above), I received an error for TDM because connection was refused. With the new script, I get an else statement failure.

• keegan_chan
    keegan_chan Posts: 59 ✭✭

Thank you for catching that. Please see if the attached corrected it.

• goofy78270

thank you. Now I get the same failure to connect to local host error for both paths, with and without spaces