Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Execution stops if a scenario has a dependency on login call and variable is mapped to an input file

Options
Piya
Piya Posts: 9

I am having issue when adding condition to map the scenario folder name (to method name from input excel file) and add success dependency on login call before executing the scenario. The scenario does not get executed. It stops execution after login and does not move on the scenario.
Note: if I have the test outside of the scenario folder than it works fine. it executes the login call and checks for the success and then move on the test call.

Not sure why the script stops if the test is under the scenario folder :(

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options

How did you configure the Test Flow Logic tab in the parent suite? Do you mean that you configured the scenario to only execute if "login" passed? Did "login" pass or fail?

• Piya
    Options

Login is passing. I have the test flow logic as shown in the attached screenshot.

• benken_parasoft
    Options

What is your variable condition? Probably that is evaluating to false.

• Piya
    Options

Match the scenario with the MethodName from excel input file and use the data provided in that row.

• benken_parasoft
    edited September 2019
    Options

If you remove the variable condition and see the scenario execute then you know it is a problem with the variable condition returning false. In other words, you need to isolate what is causing the scenario to be skipped.

• Piya
    Options

If I have the test suite outside of the scenario folder than it works fine. But, when the test suite is inside the scenario folder then it does not execute. Can you please let me know why it would not work at scenario level?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

It's really not clear from the information that you have given why the behavior is as you described. It depends a lot on where the variable gets set and how you have configured the execution of your test suites. I would suggest contacting Parasoft support since your question is likely very specific to how you set up this particular test scenario.