Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Objective - Create a Fixed-Message Virtual Asset from Traffic File via the REST API

Options

Trying again on this topic after spending a few more weeks getting used to the Virtualize product.

I am able to create a fixed-message virtual asset using the Parasoft/Eclipse IDE. The virtual asset is generated with no Data Source and each transaction is listed as a separate Responder. I want to be able to accomplish this via the REST API. But, it seems that all of the virtual assets created via the REST API require a Data Source and are always in parameterized format. Is there a way to create fixed-message via the REST API?

Thanks,

JT

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

No I don't think there is. I believe you are correct that all the REST API methods for creating from traffic produce parameterized responders with data sources. Could you contact support@parasoft.com and let them know that you would be interested in a feature to add such an API.

Thanks!