Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

XML Filter

Options

I have a responder which sends response with list of transactions for an account number. Is there a way that I can filter the xml response based on date or any other value before sending response?

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Would an XSLT transform work? There are tools that pass the outgoing response though an XSLT before sending back and perhaps that could remove based on date. Another option would be an extension tool with a script to do the filtering. In either case chaining a tool to the outgoing response that returns some value is what you want to be able to alter the response.

• bsaikrishna84
    bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66
    Options

Can you help with some example to use extension tool ? Am not sure how to use XSLT :(

• bsaikrishna84
    bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66
    Options

The thing is I need to filter the response based on date and return the filtered XML response.

Let's say I have got 10 transactions for an account number , after I apply filter I may have only 5 transactions in the response ..

So here I need to send the response back with only 5 transactions

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,
    Please contact support via support@parasoft.com they can connect with you to help you with your specific case.