Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOATest Virtualize : How to create a dynamic response xml to send multiple transactions for account

I created a responder to return a response having multiple transactions. I have a table having data with multiple set of rows with transactions to return.

Based on the account number in the request I have to return the transactions in the response.

Response is parameterized using the table which i created. But when i trigger the request from other source i am seeing only one row (one transaction) that was returned in the response.

I need all the rows which has transactions for the same account number. Also, transactions may increase based on the account number.

Is there a way that i can iterate the number of rows having the same account number and add the accountSummary tag dynamically to the response xml for each transaction ?

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Take a look at the "Multiple Responses Generator" on marketplace and in the documentation.
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOAVIRT9106/Multiple+Response+Generator+1.1

• bsaikrishna84
    bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66

Thanks william. I could see that elements can be added dynamically but I have the data in the table. How could i iterate through rows to see whether it has same account number (received in request) and if yes i need to add the entire row as elements under each transactions tag

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

I don't know of a way to iterate through rows and add them. Look at the documentation link I sent, the multiple responses generator has a way to break a message down into pieces and then each piece is processed to add all the transactions.

• bsaikrishna84
    bsaikrishna84 Posts: 66

I got another way of doing this to return multiple rows . Thanks

• jesantos
    jesantos Posts: 12

Could you share how you solved this? I am facing the same issue.