Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Virtualize - logging requests in a responder

Options

I have a request i.e. @0DR1345^2808156101^^^@F@T+00001^CUSINF^^^^@F@T456951107^@F@T@F@E
and a responder using a data source of several responses. The response has a key of customerId. The customerId in the request is prepended with a few characters. I am trying to extract the correct characters of the customId data from the request and then correlate on the customer id in the Data Source correlation tab within the responder.

I have created an Incoming Request =>Text Data Bank and have created a customerID variable by defining the extraction boundaries. The responder then uses this variable to correlate data via the Data Source tab.

When I send a request via a SOATest message client the event monitoring returns error "Failed to respond to incoming message using data source row correlation. Values incoming message did not match values in the data source." and "Validate 2 failures Failed to evaluate XPath on the incoming message to determine the data source row for the response. Unable to parse message; failed to respond to incoming message using data source row correlation"

Virtual Asset - Data Source Correlation
Incoming Request => Text Data Bank
Traffic Object = > Traffic Viewer

Is there any way to see the inbound request to the responder? Is the Incoming Request = > Text Data Bank step executed prior to data correlation in the responder?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    Options

When I send a request via a SOATest message client the event monitoring returns error

By "event monitoring" do you mean SOAtest Event Monitor tool or "Parasoft Event Details" perspective? Either way will let you monitor all the events including the incoming request prior to correlation failure.

If you use the SOAtest Event Monitor then you can view all the events on the Event Viewer tab as the test is executing. See Using SOAtest Event Monitor Tool and Monitoring Parasoft Virtualize Server Events.

The "Parasoft Event Details" perspective is also very convenient. See Gaining Visibility into Server Events, especially the section titled "Viewing and Exploring Events".

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Steve

It sounds like you may want to enable the option to "Allow incoming request tools to modify the message before applying Data Source Correlations"

This option can be found under the "Misc" tab in the "Request Handling" section.

If that does not work then you could use a custom correlation in the data source correlation to extract the right characters.