Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

-vs switch has to be specified with Visual Studio version problem

fatmanur61
fatmanur61 Posts: 82

We prepare a .bat file and we call this bat file from jenkins. This bat file commands works in Visual Studio command prompt. When I execute these commands individually There have no problem but when I call bat file from normal command prompt We take the "-vs switch has to be specified with Visual Studio version " problem. When we take this problem command line does not continue compiling. Related images added to issue.

Comments

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin
    edited May 2019

Hi @fatmanur61 ,

If you have multiple Visual Studio versions, C/C++test may need to know which version to work with when running from command line. Just add the following option to your cpptestcli commands. It tells C/C++test to work with Visual Studio 2012 (which I think you are using):

-vs 2012

• fatmanur61
    fatmanur61 Posts: 82

Hi @Bogdan Czwartkowski thank you for your answer. I tried the command but I take several problems now. First I enter - vs 2012 then program said missing solution. Then I enter solution info. Then it Said another error. Related screen shot is added to question.