Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

jython script to iterate rows in paraspftSoa Test

Options
bharathi
bharathi Posts: 7

Hi,
please provide jython script to iterate rows.

Answers

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

You don't need a script to iterate rows. You can use SOAtest's built-in data sources. See the documentation: https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOAVIRT9107/Parameterizing+Tests+with+Data+Sources,+Variables,+or+Values+from+Other+Tests

• bharathi
    Options

since i am passing multiple values in single cell (using coma )we need to use excel.
    so i need jython script to iterate rows in excel

• Ireneusz Szmigiel
    Ireneusz Szmigiel Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options

@bharathi
    Could you post here sample of your data?
    And explain with simple tst what you want to achieve?
    Are you using Excel file as data source?
    If yes, why using such data representation? Save it as CSV or relocate data in Excel.

--
    Ireneusz Szmigiel
    http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

• bharathi
    Options

@Ireneusz Szmigiel

please find below data in excel format.

we need to iterate the row and our requiremnet is to pass the data in excel only.

please help.

item1 item2 item3
    testdata01','testdata02','test2' testdata11,testdata22 testdata21','testdata23'
    testdata12','testdata13' testdata14','testdata15' testdata16','testdata17'
    testdata21','testdata23' testdata22','testdata24' testdata26','testdata27'

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options

It sounds like you have a single cell that contains a comma-separated list of values, and you want to iterate over the values in each cell. If that is what you have, SOAtest does not support that. SOAtest iterates row by row and cannot iterate over values in a single cell or single row. If I understand your scenario correctly it sounds like you probably need to restructure your excel file to make it usable by SOAtest.