Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Test execution: error linking test executable for Test unit for selected sources. Error

fatmanur61
fatmanur61 Posts: 82

What is this error, what is the resolution for it?
the error "Test execution: error linking test executable for Test unit for selected sources." comes while running the unit tests.

Answers

• fatmanur61
    edited May 2019

The linker errors always like symbol xxx(variable name) multiply defined (by controller. o and harness_conttoller.o) .always harness_ is written in errors. What is harness? Related screen shot added to question

• brian_nuckles
    brian_nuckles Posts: 32 admin

Harness is part of the unit testing runtime environment generated by C++test. Often this error means that some library or set of symbols has been included twice which is why you see the output as 'multiple definition'. You will want to be sure that files or symbols that are part of the project's compilation are not also linked in at runtime when running your unit tests. You can do this by checking your project's Parasoft build settings by right clicking your project and selecting 'Properties' then navigating to Parasoft > Build Settings and checking for any extra inclusions on the build and link lines.

• fatmanur61
    edited May 2019

@brian_nuckles thanks for answer. My build setting is added to question I think I have no extra inclusion. What should I do now?

• fatmanur61

@brian_nuckles this problem is urgent for us? Could you give me a suggestion for solving this question?

• brian_nuckles
    brian_nuckles Posts: 32 admin

@fatmanur61 For urgent issues you will want to create a case for our Technical Support team to investigate. They will most likely need additional information to be able to debug and resolve your current behavior. Please navigate here to create a case https://parasoft.force.com/customerportal/MyCases and a support team member will be in contact with you. Please be as detailed as possible and include any relevant error output from C++test.