Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to have client request validation for SOAP Service?

Options
Parasofttoudaya
Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi Team

We have virtualized a soap service, where as client is sending some extra fields. In this case original service is throwing an error which is their schema definition. where as in virtual, we cant write responder to handle all validations, if we have some options to include validations at wsdl level??

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Udaya

Comments

• Parasofttoudaya
    edited May 2019
    Options

will this below option helps?

• Parasofttoudaya
    Options

@jakubiak @benken_parasoft @OmarR

Any solution for this issue? or any option to achieve this by other feature.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options

From docs:

If the Validate license is enabled, validation tools can be chained to the Incoming Request output in order to validate messages coming to the Message Responder (messages produced by the application under test and received by Virtualize). Any validation failures are reported to the Event Details log (described in Gaining Visibility into Server Events). The most frequently used validation tools are Diff and XML Assertor.

I believe Event Monitoring is the typical use for validation tools in Virtualize at present.

where as in virtual, we cant write responder to handle all validations, if we have some options to include validations at wsdl level??

I could be wrong and so I'm encouraging others to weigh in on this, but I am not aware of any way to directly make the success/failure of a chained validation tool affect responder, message, or data source correlation, or to somehow automatically include the failure message from the validation tool in the response.

However, some validation tools have a Messages output which can include the error message from the validation tool if it had failed. You could capture the message in a data bank column and then attempt to use that in some way as part of the message correlation or include that in some part of the response. The only other solution I've seen suggested is to script the response where the script is doing the validation and can return a custom response.