Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Jenkins Parasoft Integration

fatmanur61
fatmanur61 Posts: 82

We purchased parasoft c++test, jtest and dtp. But they are installed a specific machine. Our lisence ia not floating. But we use jenkins with maven nar projects. We want to integrate parasoft c++test to maven and jenkins. We use your documents which are related Jenkins Parasoft integration. When we run maven nar projects in jenkins parasoft is not generated report. Related screen shot is added to this discussion.

Answers

• fatmanur61
    edited April 2019

The problem screen shot added

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin

Hi @fatmanur61 ,

From the screenshot it looks there are no reports for Parasoft Findings plugin to process. So most likely the reports were not created, so the mani question now is whether Maven run C++test at all.

Would you be able to provide information how C++test was plugged into the process?

For now, specifically, I would need to know:

• how C++test was integrated with the Maven NAR project setup,
    • is it using BDF files or any other method of capturing build information,
    • can you see in Maven logs that C++test was executed at all and C++test tests were executed?
  • Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin

I had a brief look at Maven NAR and for now, I'd suggest to create / manage test project in C++test Professional Desktop, and then run cpptestcli on the project to get reports. Such cpptestcli can be part of regular Jenkins build step if needed, and then Jenkins Parasoft findings plugin would pick the reports and display results.

• fatmanur61
    edited April 2019

Hi Bogdan,

1) Example Maven NAR Project is located this url https://github.com/dugilos/nar-test. There is not C++Test maven integration because we looked maven repository and we did not find C++Test plugin. We found just JTest plugin. Do you have any information about this issue? And I want to ask one question. If we don't have Maven C++Test integration but we have C++Test and Jenkins integration. Can we run our test with this situation (with just Jenkins integration)?

2) No we did not use BDF file.

Thanks for your answers Bogdan :) Maybe we can do one remote session :) I will look and examine yor answers and I will contact you again

Have a nice day