Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Environment Manager job is not getting called by another job

Parasofttoudaya
Parasofttoudaya Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi Team,

We have a configuration of 10 jobs called by a single tst associated with a job.We are trying to execute that job using bamboo.

In this situation job called by bamboo is not calling another jobs. Let me know if you need more clarification.

Regards
Udaya

Answers

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 91 admin

Hi Udaya,

I assume the first job called by bamboo is using a tst with REST clients to call the other jobs. Does the first job have a history of reports that show the request/response traffic? Are there any errors in the response from Environment Manager when it tries to call the other jobs?

• Parasofttoudaya

Actually it's just stuck, no errors in the traffic.

Also the same working fine, if you put these two jobs in 2 different servers.

Unfortunately we we're not allowed to use other team servers, as both are falls into different project costing!

Let me know what can be done in this situation..

• Matt Love

One server can only execute one job at a time. The first job must finish before the other jobs can start. The other jobs will be queued when the first job sends the request to execute them, so the first job just needs to finish and then the other jobs should start automatically.

• Parasofttoudaya

What if I wanted to call a another job by a job.?
    Isn't a valid business case?

• Matt Love

Yes, it's a valid case, but the first job needs to call the other job asynchronously. It can't wait for a result.

• Parasofttoudaya

How can we overcome this issue? Any suggestions?

• Matt Love

3 choices to overcome this issue:
    1) Change the first job to call the other jobs asynchronously instead of waiting for a result.
    2) Configure Bamboo to call all the required jobs instead of just one master job.
    3) Connect another SOAtest server to run the first job in parallel with the rest of the jobs on the original SOAtest server.