Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Extent report in parasoft

Options
abhimanyu
abhimanyu Posts: 3

how can we create extent report in parasoft

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "extent report" but here are some resources in case any of these help you:
    Support for Custom Report Formats
    Understanding Support for Custom Report Formats And Generate Customized report

• abhimanyu
    abhimanyu Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks Ben

Extent report is created by extentreport jars in Java projects. In short we can customize the HTML report with the help of these jars.
    is these any way in parasoft where we can create seperate report with the help of JAVA or any othe jars.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

is these any way in parasoft where we can create seperate report with the help of JAVA or any othe jars.

Custom reporting is accomplished in at least a couple different ways. One way is to provide SOAtest with a custom XSL file. Another way is to write code (like java code) that you execute yourself after running your SOAtest tests to extract test result data from the SOAtest XML report and use that data in some special way. It sounds like you want the latter.

By "extent reports" I am guessing you are referring to the Extent Reporting Framework. I don't have any example java code that extracts values from the SOAtest XML report and feeds that test data into the Extent Reports API. However, this sounds very feasible. If anyone has done this then I'd encourage them to share what they did here on the forum!