Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Displaying 500 error when tried to use Login credentails especially masked password from env file

Padma
Padma Posts: 5

Hello,
I exported my login credentials to an environment file (with Password as a masked value), when referenced the same env file and used the Username and Password variables in a Login service, it is throwing 500 internal server error.
Note: Traffic Object -> Request is displaying correct Username and masked Password value, when updated masked value to an actual password value, getting 200 ok message.
Please let me know what needs to be updated from my end to make it work the masked value.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

There is a known issue where the password value gets malformed when you partially edit it in the environment table after setting it to be masked. I would suggest that you update the value in the environment by completely removing and then re-adding the value, and then re-exporting the env file. I would expect it to work if you do that. This known issue will be fixed in the upcoming 9.10.7 release of SOAtest.

• Padma
    Padma Posts: 5

Thanks for the quick response.
    It worked however noticed that the value is getting unmasked in Traffic Object -> Traffic Viewer -> Request. Is there a way to view in masked format only?