Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

CTP Excel DataSource Parameterization

UK_
UK_ Posts: 22

Using Excel Data source, we parameterized the API request headers & request payload in SOAtest desktop application and its working fine as expected, but when we upload the same scripts in CTP web portal Excel Data source parameterization is not working.
Note: I have uploaded the excel data sheet in CTP & mapped the respective fields.

Comments

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 91 admin

Hi @UK_

Here is a checklist for using Excel Data sources in CTP API Testing for parameterized request headers and payload.

1. Make sure that your Excel Data source is configured correctly inside the Test Scenario from within CTP. It should show column data when you select it.

2. Make sure the REST Client in your Test Scenario has the Excel Data source selected.

3. Start typing ${ in the REST Client request header value or request payload section. You should see a pop-up with Data Source Column choices for autocompletion.

Best regards,
    Matt

• UK_
    UK_ Posts: 22

I did the same steps and was able to create the request. However, on running CTP is not picking up the parameterized values from excel and returning blank tags in the request.

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 91 admin

I suggest that you contact Parasoft Support to help find out why your Excel data source is not picked up at runtime.